Rental Policies for WaveRunners, Runabouts, Party Barges, and Deckboats
- A confirmed reservation will hold your vessel for up to 30 minutes after your scheduled departure time, after which it will be considered a “No Show” and the entire reservation fee will be forfeited.
- Please arrive for your rental 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time to ensure the entire rental time is allotted. Rental times cannot be extended due to late arrivals.
- Renters and any additional drivers must be at least 25 years old with a valid Driver’s License and By Law must complete a Georgia DNR approved Boater Safety Training Course. For your convenience Paradise Rental Boats has developed a rental boat specific Safety Training Course that is FREE to all our customers. Anyone at least 25 years old can take our Boater Safety Training Course by visitingÂ www.BestInBoating.com/Safety and selecting the location they plan on visiting. Upon successful completion you will be presented with a course completion card when you arrive for your rental.
- It is recommended that the renter and any guests at least 25 years old that want to drive the boat watch our Boater Safety Course Video and take the Captain’s Test before arriving. This will provide you with important boater safety information that will help you have a safe & enjoyable time on the water.
- A security deposit of $500 per vessel will be required on the day of the rental and must be placed on a major credit card (no Amex) in the Renter’s name.
Pets, open flames, grill, or cooking equipment of any type is prohibited on all rental boats.
- Each rental boat leaves the dock with a full tank of fuel. Once the boat is returned and refueled the renter is responsible for the amount of fuel consumed during the rental time.
- Changes to existing reservations boat type, rental date or time must be made at least 48 hrs. before the reservation date and cannot be processed online. Please call the location in which the reservation was made to make these arrangements.
- Any cancellation made more than 48 hrs. before the reservation date will result in a cancellation fee that is 10% of the total reservation amount.
- Any cancellation made less than 48 hrs. before the reservation date will result in a forfeit of the total reservation amount and cannot be credited towards future reservations.
- If the following conditions exist on the lake; heavy rain lasting more than 45 minutes; lightening; tornado warnings; high wind advisories or any condition that Paradise Rental Boats considers unsafe boating conditions, then the reservation fees can be credited towards future boat rentals. Weather credits or rain checks can only be given in person on the day of the rental and are based on actual weather conditions on the lake at the time of the rental not future weather forecasts.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What else do I need to bring?
We always recommend you bring a fully charged cell phone in case of emergencies. At each of our locations we have full service convenient stores packed full of snacks, drinks, ice, sunscreen, towels, water toys, and party supplies!
What time should I arrive for my rental?
It is recommended that you arrive for your rental at least 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time to ensure the entire rental time is allotted. This will allow time for check-in, loading onto the boat and going over the operation & safety presentation. It is also recommended (to save time at check-in) that the renter and any guests at least 25 years old who want to drive the boat watch our Rental Boating Safety Videos and take the Captain’s Test before arriving. Rental times cannot be extended due to late arrivals.
Will someone teach me how to drive the boat?
Absolutely! We go over an instructional presentation educating our customers on the detailed operating procedures, the local boating laws and regulations, Navigational markers, as well as Boater’s safety and etiquette. Also remember that, By Law, the renter and anyone operating a rental boat must take a boater safety course so make sure to watch our Rental Boating Safety Videos and take the Captain’s Test prior to your arrival.
Does Paradise Rental Boats provide a Captain to drive the boat for me?
We do not have any Captain’s that work for us however there are several private Captain’s on the lake that you can hire to drive the boat. Please contact the rental office for a list of Captains for hire.
Can someone in my group other than the renter drive the boat?
Yes. Anyone in your group may drive the boat as long as they are at least 25 years old, have a valid driver’s license on file with Paradise Rental Boats, and have taken a boater safety course. It is recommended that any guests who want to drive, watch our Rental Boating Safety Videos and take the Captain’s Test prior to your arrival. Additional drivers can take the safety course and test on site to be added as authorized drivers on the day of the rental, however any delay this adds to the departure time will be at the renters expense.
Can I bring alcohol on the boat? Yes. There is no open container law, but remember the DUI laws are even more strict for boat drivers than they are on the road.
How old do you have to be to rent a boat?
25 years old to Rent or Drive.
Do you provide life jackets?
Yes, the boats are supplied with all required safety equipment.
Do I have to wear a life jacket?
By Law, children 12 years old or younger and anyone operating or riding a PWC (Waverunners Â®) must wear a life jacket at all times. Also Paradise Rental Boats requires any guest who is mentally or physically impaired, elderly, medicated, intoxicated or those who are not strong swimmers wear a life jacket at all times.
Do you rent water toys?
If so, what is available? Absolutely! We rent single & double tubes, water skis, kneeboards, wakeboards and certain locations also have child trainer skis.
Will a pontoon pull a skier?
No, but they are fantastic for tubing. Our smaller pontoon boat can pull a single tube and the larger pontoon can pull a single or double tube.
Do you allow pets on the boat?
Where can I take the boat?
You can take the boat anywhere on the lake that boats are allowed, unless otherwise restricted by Paradise Rental Boats. A rental attendant will explain any restrictions or prohibited areas during the rental presentation. Also be aware that some of the larger boats may not fit under certain bridges depending on the lake level. You can check with the DNR for current lake levels and bridge clearances.
Do you allow grills on the boat?
No. There are several day use areas nearby that are equipped with grills and picnic tables however you will need to make arrangements with the park managing agency before arrival. Note that some of the lake parks do not allow access by water so check the restrictions for the park you wish to visit before your rental.
Do the boats have covers?
Yes, all of our boats are equipped with bimini tops covering part of the boat with the exception of Waverunners Â®.
Do the boats have restrooms?
Only the 32′ Mega Cruisers, 35′ Party Yachts, and Houseboats are equipped with restrooms.
How many people can I put on the boat?
Each boat type has a specific maximum passenger and weight capacity that may not be exceeded at any time. Every person onboard counts toward the total capacity and children count the same as adults regardless of their weight or size. Please refer to the Rental Fleet page to view the passenger & weight capacity for each boat.
How long can I rent and what time can I start my rental?
We offer half day morning or afternoon (4 hours), full day (8 hours), overnight (6pm to 8am) & 24 hour (9am to 9am or 6pm to 6pm) rental packages. Each package has a specific departure & return time that must be followed when making a reservation. Some boats can also be rented by the hour to walk up customers based on availability.
How much do I have to pay when making a reservation?
We require 100% of the rental fees to be paid when making a reservation.
What happens if I need to change or cancel my reservation?
Changes to an existing reservations, boat type, rental date or time must be made at least 48 hours before the reservation date and time. Canceling your reservation will ALWAYS result in a cancellation fee. The fee amount will depend on when the reservation is cancelled. Any cancellation made more than 48 hours before the reservation date will result in a cancellation fee that is 10% of the total reservation amount. Any cancellation made less than 48 hours before the reservation date will result in a forfeit of the total reservation amount and cannot be credited towards future reservations. Changes or cancellations cannot be processed online so please call the location in which the reservation was made to make these arrangements.
Do the boats have radios?
Yes. Our Ski Boats and Deck Boats are equipped with AM/FM stereos and the 20′ Party Barges, Mega Cruisers, Party Yachts & Houseboats have AM/FM stereos with CD players. Also all our boats are equipped with AUX inputs for your MP3 or iPod connection. Aux cables are not provided but are for sale in the ship store.
Is gas included?
Each rental boat leaves the dock with a full tank of fuel. Upon return we will refill the fuel tank and the renter is responsible for the amount consumed.
On average, how much gas does the boat use?
It is nearly impossible to quote an average fuel consumption because there are so many variables to consider (Usage, weight, water conditions, wind speed, etc.). A conservative average would be about 5 gallons per hour of engine time.
What happens if there is persistent inclement weather while I am renting a boat?
We will issue a credit voucher based on the amount of time lost that can be applied towards a future rental. We cannot issue a refund due to inclement weather.
Do I need a fishing license and do you sell them?
A fishing license is required if you plan on fishing. We do not sell fishing licenses however you can obtain one at a local bait shop, Wal-Mart or you can purchase one directly from the DNR online.
Do you sell any bait?
We do not have live bait but we do sell a selection of artificial bait at some of our ship stores.
Will my car or home insurance cover the boat?
It depends on your individual insurance provider. Most insurance providers will cover rental cars but not necessarily rental boats. Contact your provider for specific details.
Where are the low areas of the lake?
The water depth depends on the time of year as rainfall varies periodically. One of our dock attendants will go over this information with you at the time of the rental and explain the shallow water markers.
Where are the closest campsites?
There are several public campsites and day use areas around the lake. Please contact the park you want to visit for details and make sure they allow boats access before taking the boat there.
Where can I park my car if I keep the boat overnight?
We have parking in all our Marinas 24hrs/7days/yr. Round.